The ultimate device for serious endurance athletes.
Whether you're training for the next Iron Man or falling into stride at the start of a summer marathon, trust the Suunto Ambit2 S GPS Heart Rate Monitor to supply every bit of information you'll need to improve your performance. Complete GPS functionality logs your routes, pinpoints your location, and tracks elevation while multi-sport functionality allows you to quickly switch between running, cycling, swimming, and training modes. The included chest strap allows the watch to graph heart rate in real time and helps you target specific intensity zones. Plus, the watch can be recharged via USB and further customized with over 1000 free applications from Suunto.
- Glass-fiber-reinforced composite casing with a low-profile aluminum bezel provides trail-worthy durability
- Lithium-Ion battery powers the watch for up to 25 hours and can be recharged via USB
- Full GPS functionality displays current location, logs routes, allows for route planning, and tracks altitude
- 3D compass allows you to navigate remote wilderness and whiteout conditions
- Heart rate monitor with included chest strap graphs heart rate in real time, targets heart rate zones, and sets heart rate limits
- Multisport functionality allows you to set the watch to training, running, cycling, or swimming modes
- Training functions include GPS-based speed, pace, and distance; calories; countdown timer; and EPOC and VO2 max values
- Running functions include lap comparisons and running cadence when combined with a foot POD (POD sold separately)
- Cycling functions include average and maximum bike power and graph power distribution
- Swimming functions track pace, distance, stroke rate, and time
- General watch functions include time, date, alarm, and low-battery indicator
- Adjustable backlight allows you to read the watch after the sun sets
- Water resistant to 50 meters
- Watch can be further customized with over 1000 free Suunto Applications
Share your thoughts
Gear Patrol 100
Gear Patrol 100 product awards are dedicated to honoring the 100 best consumer products released during the calendar year by companies of all sizes and scope, from blue chip automakers to boutique American ski designers. These selections represent the collective expertise of the entire editorial staff, who have scoured every corner of the vast product universe -- from automotive and electronics, to men's style essentials, home goods, spirits and outdoors -- to find the inspiring and the practical, the ground-breaking and the traditional, the priceless and the accessible. In short: products that define or defy their respective categories to better the life of the modern man.
Elevation Outdoor Peak Award
There are plenty of “Gear of the Year” awards out there, so Elevation Outdoors decided to do it a little bit differently. They asked their top contributors—who, we are proud to admit, spend far more time hiking, climbing, biking, skiing, paddling and generally getting out than they do “working”—what was the best gear they used over the past year? What gear can’t they live without? What gear changed their life? And that's how they came to the list of the essential equipment that topped their gear-geek list and should top yours, too.
GearJunkie Top Gear Picks
Best gear we tested in 2013 by GearJunkie staff. Of the hundreds of products GearJunkie staff and team athletes put through the paces these items stood out as some of the best. This gear represents the state of the art in outdoors equipment and gear design today.
Strava, a sports community for athletes all over the world, lets you experience social fitness - connecting and competing with others via mobile and online apps. Strava provides motivation and camaraderie, and helps us prove that we’re out there doing what we love to do.
Connect your Movescount profile to your Strava account to transfer Moves to Strava. Any Move with GPS data can be transferred automatically, or you can choose to transfer Moves individually.
- Join ongoing run and ride challenges to help you reach new goals and get ready for race day.
- Run or ride a segment (specific section of road or trail) and compare your effort against past efforts, as well as other athletes who’ve run or ridden the same segment. See where you rank and start moving up the leader boards.
- Track all your runs, rides and cross-training
HOW TO GET STARTED
1. CONNECT WITH STRAVA
In Movescount settings [http://www.movescount.com/settings#socialmedia] click “Connect with Strava” and log into Strava. If you do not have a Strava account, register first.
2. SELECT WHICH MOVES YOU WANT TO SYNC
You can select to sync all of your Moves with GPS track, only rides or only runs with Strava. You also have an option to turn syncing off.
NOTE: Strava will accept only Moves with GPS track, so no indoor training there.
Now you are connected! After the next Movescount sync, your new Moves will be automatically transferred to Strava. To change your Strava connection settings, go to Movescount settings[http://www.movescount.com/settings#socialmedia].
Will this watch track calories burned when...
Will this watch track calories burned when doing indoor cardio exercise such as a yoga or fitness class?
It works excellent.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
Wasn't too fond of the price, but after using it at the gym, this thing works well, really well. And it looks good too, fits well, fits right to my wrist and isn't too bulky.
Watch is unreal!
I absolutely love this watch! Can't get enough of it and excited to see how my results compare to where I used to be. I have some work to do, but excited to build up a solid base and having this product help me stay the course!
This watch/GPS is the BOMB!
The various exercise modes are the best I have ever seen. On the Triathlon Activity lets you transition from each activity with the push of a button...amazing. The ease of use and functionality of the Ambit 2S is a game changer for the biking, running and tri communities....just to name a few.