Classic looks meet modern design.
- AST core features a fused-cell EPS core (resists water absorption) with a tip-to-tail fiberglass layer, wood layer to reinforce the standing area, and unidirectional glass reinforcement at the nose
- Fiberblass outer shell offers high strength-to-weight ratio to resist cracks and dings from rocks, reef, and normal transport wear
- Bamboo veneer is naturally strong and flexible and it gives the board a classic look
- Wide and thick design throughout provides substantial stability and buoyancy for easier, more confident surfing and paddling
- Low rocker combined with a new pintail for uncompromised speed and maneuverability
- Two-piece deck pad and carry handle make long trips on and off the board more comfortable and easy
- Mix up your fin set-up between single center on mellow days and tri-fin when aggressive tactics are vital
- Item #SFC0166
- Q & A
Surftech Action Video
Second summer with my Generator!!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
After an incredible early morning paddle on Lake Tahoe with my wife, I thought I should post something about this board! I am 5'10", 180 lbs and have the 10'6" which I bought just over a year ago. I have been using it on average once a week for the past year on the ocean riding waves head-high and below. In the summer we take our boards to our cabin in Lake Tahoe, CA and paddle them around on the lake. It is very stable and moves effortlessly across the water. For the money, this is the best value/quality board I found and after a year, still loving it. The board is still beautiful but there are a few minor pressure dings and scratches. Considering what I have put this board through, that is an absolute miracle!
I would highly recommend this board for anyone who wants to surf small waves or cruise around and explore a lake or river. Plus I get compliments on it's beauty nearly every time I take it out!
What is the weight of this board?
I'm 6' and 180lbs. Was thinking about...
I'm 6' and 180lbs. Was thinking about either this Surftech Generator 11'6 or the Naish Nalu 11'4 or 11'6. Any suggestions or thoughts on the two?
I have the 10'6" Generator and am super stoked on it! See my review above on the 10'6"
Would this be a good board for sup yoga?...
Would this be a good board for sup yoga? Also, what would be the max weight limit for this board (10ft6in)? I weigh about 115 and I may have my 8 yr old daughter (70lb) or dog (45lb) aboard with me.
can't say about Yoga, it's mostly stable enough but wider is always better...as in 32" or more. this series allows up to 250 pounds, so dog and daughter are a go, but the boards weigh in around 40-42lbs.
Spychica something's wrong with your scale!? I have the 10'6" Generator and it only weighs 29 lbs!
No, unfortunately free shipping doesn't apply to large freight items like this.