- Detail Images
A little slice of paradise for ladies who love cold-weather pursuits outside.
Let the soft lining and ample warmth of the Stoic Women's Monolith Softshell Jacket ease you into chilly mornings on the trail, at the mountain, or around town. Monolith softshell fabric is a like a little slice of paradise; it insulates against the cold while tempering this warmth with supreme breathability so you feel comfortable, not stifled, when you're really moving. A high collar protects your neck when a cold wind kicks up, and the moment you reach down to grab your pack and discover the unrestricted freedom of the 3-D Ergonomic fit, you'll fall further in love with this jacket.
- Monolith softshell material features high breathability and water-resistance for comfort and protection from the elements and four-way stretch for mobility
- Monolith softshell uses a nylon face fabric with a water-resistant laminate and a bonded fleece lining on the inside so there's no need for bulky insulation
- Welded seam construction further improves overall breathability and creates a more durable build that lasts through seasons of use and abuse
- 3-D Ergonomic construction has a fit that's close to the body to help retain warmth but is still roomy enough for layering underneath and for movement
- Two front hand pockets give you a place to stash your keys, snacks, and small essentials
- Backcountry.com is the exclusive US distributor for Stoic products
Share your thoughts
Wife loved mine, so I got her one, too
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs small
Good weight. Great styling. Quite pleased.
Not what I expected.
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs small
I purchased this jacket for a trek I'm doing this winter. This jacket is very thin--I would not consider it outerwear. It is a fall jacket at best. I'm sure it would be waterproof, but as far as warmth, substandard. Additionally, the jacket was very fitted at the waist, then flared out at the hips for a curvy silhouette. I'm 5'4, 130lbs and the small fit me very snug (again, not like an outer-layer jacket). I sent it back.
Is the material of the Monolith the same...
Is the material of the Monolith the same as that of the Welder jacket?
Slightly different softshell material but similar in water resistance and breathability. They both have the same fleece lining. The main differences are the hood, cuff gaiters and additional chest pocket on the Welder. If you plan on skiing powder, the Welder might be the better option.
Thank you Retail Therapy.
Is the Monolith softshell material lighter than that of the Welder?
This jacket is great
I ordered a different Stoic softshell which arrived with a torn seam. Since I was travelling through Salt Lake I took it back to Backcountry in person and exchanged it for the Monolith. I am so happy I did. I was meeting friends for an early morning, cold, and windy run. This was the perfect jacket - it saved me. It fits well, slightly tapered but not tight. I wore it over a base layer and a light shirt. I didn't notice I had on another layer even with the Monolith. It blocked wind and I never was too hot even on the uphills (the temperature was about 17). I got a small. I am 5'6" 123lbs. It's perfect.