- Community Images
Trusted safety in a shorter and more shapely fit for lady flatwater paddlers.
- Adjustable straps on the chest, shoulders, and sides provide the customization and low-profile fit you need for uninhibited paddling
- PVC-free Gaia foam on the front and upper back yields 16lb 12oz of buoyancy
- Neoprene padding on the shoulders and lower back shield your salty skin from getting chafed by the straps
- Front zipper yields easy on-off and quick cool-downs in flat water
- Tough 500D Cordura nylon outer shell withstands abuse while the softer 200D oxford liner takes it easy on bare skin
- Open sides aid ventilation during hot summer tours around the jetty
- Two zippered bellows pockets include drainage and stash a snack, waterproof camera, or phone for emergencies
- 3M reflective details on the front and back keep you in the sights of larger craft captains in low light and fog
- A four-way lash tab on the back shoulder for attaching a light or other accessory
Share your thoughts
Would this type of lifejacket be good for...
Would this type of lifejacket be good for canoeing also? I find the jacket I use now rubs against my upper arm with every stroke of the paddle.
This will work great for paddling of all types. This is made for paddling so it shouldn't rub too bad since it is cut out in the appropriate areas. If you are coming from a normal boating style PDF this vest should solve that problem. There are pfds that are cut out even more to have a lower profile though if you think you'll need one. Look at some whitewater kayaking vests.
I bought this for my aunt. She has broad shoulders and a narrow waist and this jacket fits her wonderfully. With all of the adjustable straps, it can be adapted to ANY body shape. The best thing about it??? It stays in place...doesn't ride up to your ears when kayaking.
My bustline is right about at 40",so I...
My bustline is right about at 40",so I don't know if I should get the large or the plus size.My cup size is DD, but I am not big-boned or otherwise larger, and I don't want a pfd that's bulkier than necessary. Any answers?
Hey Irene, These things fit really snugly around the breast area....so I would get the size that they suggest for THAT size (xl/plus for 40 +). My aunt is about the same size...and I got her the xl/plus and it works like a charm! You won't regret it.
Finally, gear that really does have women's curves in mind. I was sick of wearing unisex or men's gear, and pdf's functioned more like mammogram devices. This pdf lets me breathe! Easily adjustable.
Still working great!
Pink Cruiser PFD in action.
is this pfd approved for ocean kayaking...
is this pfd approved for ocean kayaking or just flatwater kayaking
The description paragraph on the Stohlquist site seems to imply ocean kayaking is intended. http://www.stohlquist.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=33&Itemid=71#4
The standard Coast-Guard approval on this vest is a type-III.