Rivals on the same team.
The Rival front derailleur is built with the same outer plate design as Red and Force, allowing you to use all 10 cogs on your cassette while you're in the big chainring with minimal chain rub. You can cross-chain all day long in your big ring without having trim the front derailleur. And when you're in the small ring you need only one trim position in order to make silent use of all 10 cogs. It's identical in virtually every way to Red and Force, except that you get a high-polished aluminum finish with black highlights, and it lacks titanium hardware.
Like Red and Force, the Rival front derailleur can handle any chainring differential up to 16 teeth. This means you'll use the same derailleur for a 53/39 crankset as you will a 50/36 or 50/34. The braze-on version weighs in at 88g, while the clamp-on versions run closer to 103g. Available in braze-on, 31.8mm clamp, and 34.9mm clamp.
The actual weight of the SRAM Rival Front Derailleur: Braze-on is 89g. 31.8 is 101g. 34.9 is 101g.
- SRAM actuation ratio for proper balance between upshift and downshift
- Intuitive adjustments make it easy to get your shifting dialed
- WiFli ZeroLoss trim for instant, precise shifting
- Compatible with standard and compact rings
- For use with SRAM 10-speed drivetrains