- Detail Images
- Community Images
Built to handle Everest, even if you don't plan to.
You're used to Spyder making high-end skiwear, but the Eiger Shell Jacket is much more than a casual Saturday lift-rider's shell, it's actually a piece of serious mountaineering equipment that happens to be perfectly suited to tearing down mountains on skis. This is quickly evident when you see the Eiger's abrasion-resistant shoulders that can stand up to miles of backpack-laden backcountry travel and the climbing-harness-friendly cut that screams mountaineer, even if you happen to be teaching your daughter the art of french-fries-pizza-french-fries 15 feet from the magic carpet.
- Tough, stretchy elastane shell won't limit range of motion
- 10K-rated waterproofing keeps you dry in light rain and snow
- 15K-rated breathability allows your body to regulate its temperature naturally and lets vapor out so you don't feel clammy
- Fully taped seams eliminate waterproof weak spots
- Athletic fit with pack-friendly cut for hiker types
- Underarm zippered vents allow you to dump heat quickly
- Fixed, adjustable, helmet-compatible hood for added protection
- Snap-back, removable powder skirt features stretch panel to prevent binding
- Hook-and-loop adjustments at cuffs seal out snow and drafts
- Drawcord-adjustable hem lets you seal out drafts and tailor the jacket to your own style
- Two hand pockets and a chest pocket for easy access to the essentials
- Internal mesh goggle pocket and internal zippered security pocket keep your valuables and your eyewear close to your body
- Built-in RECCO reflector may help ski patrol locate you in an emergency
- Waterproof two-way center front zipper for total waterproofness
- Anti-abrasion print at shoulders resists wear from backpack strap
- Chamois lens wipe included to take care of your goggles
Share your thoughts
A Fair Weather Shell
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
For $500 there are a lot of better quality shells out there. My Mammut Alagana GoreTex shell stands up to a lot more than this brand new Eiger Shell. Yes, it it very light and breathable, but during snow or light rain the precipitation seems to build up on the outside and seep into your mid layers. I would recommend this if you live where the conditions are mainly bluebird or light dry snow. Not a great East Coast piece.
Dav puts the Eiger Shell To Use
From the top of Mt. Hood during the 'Ring of Fire' Volcano Tour in the spring of 2012.
Chris Davenport Discusses Eiger Jacket
Climbing to the summit of Mt. Rainier
This is the new Spyder Eiger Shell Jacket in it's environment. Part of the White Spyder Collection, the Eiger Shell goes with the Nordwand Shell Pant. This is the perfect three-layer shell for serious mountain enthusiasts.