- GripX3 sole helps keep the shoe's weight light while offering superb traction, even on slick surfaces
- Hydrophobic mesh upper dries quickly
- Integrated drain ports encourage quick removal of excess water
- Aegis anti-microbial treatment helps prevent odor buildup
- Son-R footbed technology enhances sensitivity to keep you in touch with the vessel movements for balance and safety
- Item #SRR0046
- Q & A
Searacer from Sperry topsider
Not for around town!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
I have the dark grey/citron and water drains very rapidly. Although much like a normal sneaker, this particular shoe, because of its special rubber compound (GRIP X) in the sole, makes this shoe ideal for boating and sailing. The shoe adhere's to wet decks and other slippery nautical surfaces with amazing grip, unlike most other Top Siders, or other boat shoes. They are very light weight, and have an unusual insert that keeps your bare feet stable and firmly in place.
A word of caution, I only put these on when at the marina. Not for any other purpose. I wish to maintain the integrity of the shoe, and the intended purpose of the shoe ... keeping me upright and not slipping and injuring myself while on the water.
I gave this five stars because the product serves and performs as I had hoped.