For a meaty no-nonsense folder, take hold of the SOG Knives Magnadot Knife. The partially serrated blade handles a wide range of cutting tasks while the thumb stud allows for rapid one- handed opening. Plus, the hefty five-ounce weight will remind you what a knife is supposed to feel like in your hand.
- Stainless steel clip point style blade resists corrosion and holds a keen edge
- Partially serrated blade makes the knife ideal for rapid cutting
- Thumb stud allows for easy one handed opening
- Lockback mechanism keeps the blade securely fixed when in use
- Weighs in at just under five ounces for a meaty hand feel
- Textured glass-reinforced nylon handle provides a secure grip
- Includes a nylon carry case
Share your thoughts
Slow opening knife
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
The knife does have a good feel to it, however, it opens fairly slowly. Requires 2 motions to open, thumb movement, and a wrist flick, but that doesn't even always do it.
A one handed knife that is difficult to open is unacceptable. Also the hinge point did not seem to move smoothly. I'd pass on this one.