When it comes to avalanche danger, you need all the help you can get.
Even after taking all the necessary precautions and making smart, educated decisions, you still put yourself at avalanche risk when you head out into the backcountry in search of pristine powder. The Snowpulse Pro 35 Backpack with RAS System features a removable square-shaped airbag that inflates in three seconds after being deployed for flotation in the event of an avalanche. Designed with an array of features that make this pack perfect for alpine touring, the Pro 35 could mean the difference between life and death in a avalanche situation.
- 150L square-shaped airbag activates when you pull the deployment handle
- Once airbag is inflated (takes three seconds), it pulls you to the surface of the snow
- High-visibility color makes it easier for friends to spot you
- Please review instructions on yearly maintenance and inspection after deployment
- The new R.A.S Removable Airbag System allows the cylinder and airbag to be removed so the pack can serve as a mid-volume summer pack
- Tube-shaped main compartment with lateral zip holds 35L worth of gear while compression straps provide a low profile
- 420D high-density nylon provides lightweight strength and durability
- Separate compartment holds shovel and probe for quick access
- Ice axe and baton holders make this an ideal alpine and touring pack
- Ski and snowboard carry systems get your gear to the top of the hill
- New, improved waterproof and stowable R.A.S handle
- Editor’s Note: wearing this airbag system does NOT guarantee that you will survive an avalanche burial or a slide amidst avalanche debris; get educated, get the right tools, travel with partners, and be smart out there
- **Canister Sold Separately**
Share your thoughts
Great avvy pack for smaller people
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I bought this pack last year and skied with it all season. It's a really well-designed pack, and I've had no problems with it at all. Of course, the real test is whether it keeps you alive in an avalanche, and I'm happy to say that I have not yet had cause to discover how well that works!
Great things about the bag: light weight; overall design is very refined; ability to carry skis/snowboard in different configurations. Lots of straps that neatly stow out of sight when you don't use them. It has a separate compartment for your avvy shovel and probe.
I found I could use a hydration bladder, sliding the drinking tube down the same tube as the trigger cable. Not perfect, but serviceable. Note that the 'intended' route for the tube is straight out the top of the pack. But that's almost useless, as hose will freeze on all but the warmest spring days.
What I would have liked most was a longer torso length. I'm about 6 foot (183 cm) tall, but my torso is long for my height. I couldn't get much weight onto the hip belt. So not recommended if you are tall. Would probably be perfect for mid-5-footers.
Great Airbag Pack
Lightweight, great fit, removable and transferable airbag system, what else could you need? This pack is great. Plus buying from Backcountry you know if there is a problem they will make it right