- Detail Images
- Community Images
- Ample 60-lumens brightness
- Polycarbonate plastic, ABS resin, acrylic resin, silicone rubber, and aluminum construction provides lightweight, durable, and flexible strength
- Water-resistant IPX4 classification for those stormy blackouts
- Powered by three AAA alkaline batteries, which last 40 hours (high) or 70 hours (low) for plenty of light time
- High, low, variable dim, strobe, and candle-flicker modes give you lighting for every mood
- Weighs a mere 2.4 ounces so you can take it with you everywhere
Share your thoughts
Snow Peak Mini Hozuki Lantern Weight
1.90 oz - Mini Hozuki Lantern
0.80 oz - (3) lithium AAA batteries
2.70 oz - total
(scale accurate to 0.05 oz)
Be careful how you pack it!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This is a great little light with the exception of what I consider one major design flaw. That is the convex lens that is used for the actuation (on/off) of the lantern?not a bright idea! Because the lens (on/off switch) protrudes out of the base there is nothing to prevent the light from inadvertently being turned on due to something pressing against the lens when stuffed into a pack; the silicone rubber diffuser offers no protection from this. This has happened to me twice before I figured out why the (fresh) batteries were completely dead when I went to use it?now I remove one of the batteries before packing the lantern. So either plan on packing the lantern so that there is no chance of pressure being applied to the switch or remove one of the batteries. Other than that this is a great little lantern. I really like the multiple light levels and modes.
Backpacker Magazine EDITORS' CHOICE 2013
Need a lantern buy this one.
i typically just use a head lamp for my lighting needs.
As i've started camping with the wife and kids I've had to try and bring more comforts to the wilds.
This lamp does an excellent job of lighting up a tent its relatively light and has a solid run time.
Cheaper and smaller than the original, seems like the way to go.
Does anyone know the dimensions of this...
Does anyone know the dimensions of this lantern? Thanks