- Detail Images
A premium shade with some of the best lenses on the market.
- The polarchromic lens technology reacts with UV rays, darkening in the bright light
- An 8-Base lens curvature wraps around your face, providing coverage from side-infiltrating light
- The glass TLT lenses, or Tapered Lens Technology, provide a super-clear, distortion-free view in all directions
- Oleophobic and Hydroleophobic lens coatings repel water, dirt, and greasy fingerprints
- Stainless steel spring hinges resist wearing out over time or snapping when your brother with a huge head tries on your glasses
- Hydrophilic Megol nose and temple pads react with moisture to grip your face tighter when it’s drenched with sweat
- Matte Black Evolve and Matte Tortise Evolve frames are made from 53% Rilsan Clear, which is derived from 100% sustainable castor bean plants to reduce petroleum usage
Share your thoughts
Got the polarchromic smith tenets to use for fly fishing/outdoors and have been pretty happy with them. Only remark would be that I don't really notice the lens darkening much in bright light. If it does darken, it's very subtle.
Smith Tenet Sunglasses
amazing clarity and scratch resistance
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Being a river guide on the Colorado river, I abuse these glasses everyday, I throw them in the sand when I get to camp, leave them in the bottom of my boat when I forget about them. I have even been wearing them during bad wrecks while mountain biking, I have had the same pair for 2 years and there is not a scratch on them.
The polarchomic lenses are great for reading water and they are always the right tint whether it is sunny or cloudy. The glass lenses give unsurpassed clarity.
Those who are use to polycarbonate lenses will find these a bit heavy at first, but they are definitely worth buying. I have even had a couple clients buy a pair when they get off the water after trying them on.
Smith continues to be my favorite
Great all around sunglasses that look good for casual wear, but can easily do double duty for biking/running provided it's fairly sunny. (Too dark for trail riding.running in the woods) Lens color is great, with awesome clarity. My fav Smith trait is that they seem exceptionally scratch resistant, which is good for those like me that treat expensive shades like crap.
Lens Tints for all Day
These Tenets with that Polarchomic lens are awesome. The lenses are polarized to keep out the gnarliest glare and they also change colors to accommodate for the different light conditions all day long. These glasses are sick!