- Detail Images
Understated performance to reduce the jackass factor.
- Smith polarizing filter reduces glare by 99.9%
- 8 base lens curvature gives you wraparound performance without the robot look
- Megol nose and temple pads keep sunglasses from slipping when you sweat
- Techlite TLT tapered glass lenses provide distortion-free clarity and far better scratch-resistance than polycarbonate lenses
- Spring Hinges are durable and flexible for comfort
Share your thoughts
Smith Riverside Polarized Sunglasses
Great for fly fishing.
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
The polarized copper lens is awesome for fly fishing in bright to low light conditions. The lens broke though, and Smith is charging me $80 to replace the lens.
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift, but have feedback to share
These aren't really my style. Super streamlined and perhaps a bit dorky. They're right up my streamlined dorky buddy's alley though and he was delighted to receive them for his birthday. I did look through them though and if you haven't worn a brown polarized lens before, you're really missing out on how beautiful the world can look on a super bright day.
Construction seems super solid. They've got a tiny bit of heft to them and feel tough and confidence inspiring.
Polar Glass is the way to go
These glasses fit great, look great and have the quality of a glass lens. They do not make the Hubble Telescope lens with a Polycarbonate lens. They use glass because you can get the best optics possible with glass. i am super stoked that Smith Optics still makes glass lens sunglasses. These are sweet!!
A little to heavy for my liking. These would work better if the nose pads were a little bigger. Kept sliding down my nose. I will say that the optics were top notch.
I had Maui Jim's before, and it was like I was not wearing a thing. They were to delicate and only lasted 1.5 yrs (they are at the bottom of a lake now).
I wanted glass instead of poly for durability.
I am going to try the Costa Del Mar's
Thanks Backcountry for your great return policy.