Select your style & size:Select options
So like, pretty much the opposite of your old, casual bejeweled cat-eye shades.
The Smith Parallel D-Max Sunglasses were designed with cycling, running, and other active outdoor pursuits in mind. The medium-sized frame boasts extra-large lenses and a nine base curve for a good, snug fit with adequate coverage. When the light changes, swap out the lenses with the included lenses to provide the right definition.
- Evolve frame material utilizes FSC-certified reground material that is 100% recyclable
- The scratch-resistant Carbonic TLT (Tapered Lens Technology) lenses provide supreme clarity and distortion-correcting optics (the lens is thicker in the middle and tapered towards the outer edges) so you have a true optical center
- Hydroleophobic lens coating is applied to the top of the lens to repel moisture and grease and make cleaning easy
- 9 Base lens curvature provides a deep wrapping effect around your face
- Includes two extra sets of easily interchangeable lenses (clear and Ignitor) in addition to the lenses already in the frame for a total of three lenses
- Ignitor lenses provide maximum definition on medium cloud cover to overcast days
- Clear lenses are ideal for extremely low-light conditions or even night time
Proposition 65 Warning for California Consumers: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- Item #SMI0833
- Q & A
Function Over Fashion
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
I love these shades. They're super light, have interchangeable lenses, fit my big head, and are comfortable. I bought the ones with matte black frames and gold mirror lenses. The Smith website describes the lenses as a brown tint, but they are definitely not brown. They are a neutral gray tint. I still like them, though.
In my opinion, they're kind of dorky looking. Fortunately I can't see them while wearing them, so I wear them all the time.
These are great everyday outdoor shades. Open on the bottom to let the sweat out. Holds comfortably to your head.
Great shades for active pursuits
My go-to sunglasses for all my trail running ventures. The Parallel D Max is insanely light and very low-key, but still provides great coverage. I have a small face size and these fit me very well. I did not purchase extra lenses, so I am unable to comment on how simple it is to swap them out.
I find that these guys will fog up- generally when I come to a stop or walk during or after a run- but I can't say that I've ever worn a pair of shades that did not fog up during moderate to strenuous activity.