Select your style & size:Select options
Open your eyes.
You can keep pretending that you can see just fine while you stumble down the mountain half-lost in a blur of glare, or you can finally get with the program and wear the Smith I/O Interchangeable Polarized Goggles. While the straightforward look of these slick shades might make you think they're just for style, these goggles are loaded with the kind of high-tech wizardry you need to keep your vision clear in extreme environments.
Proposition 65 Warning for California Consumers: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- Seamless helmet integration makes your helmet and your goggles one streamlined unit
- Spherical Carbonic-X lens with TLT optics are individually molded to offer you a clear, distortion-free view
- Polarized lens filters out horizontal glare to protect your eyes from getting fried by the light bouncing off of the snow
- Vaporator Lens Technology uses a Porex filter and a silicone seal to adjust to air pressure and prevent fogging
- Quick-release lens system lets you swap out lenses at lighting-fast speeds
- 5X anti-fog inner lens has a hydrophilic, micro-etched surface to stop fog before it can even start
- Nearly frameless design throws down with wide, unrestricted peripheral vision
- Triple-layer DriWix face foam with fleece lining creates a smooth seal with your face and is insanely soft
- Ultra-wide silicone-coated strap with QuickFit strap adjustment holds these goggles to your head
- Microfiber goggle bag has a replacement lens sleeve safely get your goggles to and from the mountain
- Comes with one additional replacement lens
- Item #SMI0902
- Q & A
These changed the game
I/O where one of the first model goggles to offer quick & easy. These have two little toggles you switch upward and pop the nose out. To put them pack together just lock them in first, so the don't fall off the lift, then fit the nose back in.
Thanks to Smith you get both high and low light lenses so you can shred all day. Another great feature is the straps connection, making it easy for on and off so you dont have to pull them over your head. This lets you keep your lens free of snow.
If you dont have a pair of one of the I/O selection you need to, they where the first Ski Goggle Company and is still leading the industry in innovation!!
5 stars for the Price
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Excellent deal by BC. I have to say the fit is also great. I am wearing a Bern EPS helmet with these on my next climb and the fit when wearing the helmet and goggles together is super comfy. Goggles are a bit more well built than I had anticipated which is a good thing.
My to-go goggles
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I extensively use this goggles with my helmet and without it under various conditions and they are holding up pretty well, moreover the lens changing mechanism is usable (finally), so you can carry just one goggle and a spare lens, instead of two goggles. Venting is pretty good and combined with anti-fog lenses it keeps your lens clear even when you rip through some fresh pow having some face shots or skiing under a pouring rain.
My lenses choice: polarized + blue sensor mirror
What a gog!
These gog's are perfect for all types of skiing, providing maximum vision with interchangable lenses and everything. I like that I can use just one pair of goggles all season every day, and when the weather changes, my vision can adapt easily with the change of a lense. Fits really well with smith helmets, and most importantly, it looks real cool.
Great optics and color but watch the fit
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
i use them with the variant helmet and they really do integrate well. they have a good seal and great optics. mine came with the blue sensor (dark days) and the red sol-x (sunny days). i think they all come with some choice similar to that. i find it easy to swap out lenses and that once in they actually keep out snow (rare in both cases). definitely the best googles i've ever owned.
but watch the sizing. i was going to buy the i/ox (larger version) until i tried them on. they gapped around my nose which would have caused problems. they also make an i/os (small) so go try them on.
Smith I/O Interchangeable Goggle - Polar
Heli-Ski in the Chugach!
I'm a fan of these for two reasons. First, they are the first goggles whose interchangeable lenses I can actually interchange without frustration and/or damage. Second, they fit my face very well. (I'm not sure how to quantify that unfortunately....) So, I have a bin full of googles. These are the ones I use.