Run free with the PhD.
The Merino-blend SmartWool Women's PhD Running Light Micro Socks keep your feet cool and comfortable whether you're pushing yourself through grueling training sessions or blasting through race day. Thoughtful design and a minimalist approach work together to give these socks a barely-there feel while the smart blend of fibers helps keep your feet comfortable and dry.
- Merino wool blended with nylon and a touch of elastane helps regulate temperature, wick moisture, and give you a great fit
- Minimal design forgoes excess cushioning in favor of a natural foot-to-earth feel
- Micro height hits just below your ankle bone to keep your legs feeling cool and carefree
- Padded Achilles tabs protects the back of your ankles from blisters and abrasion
Share your thoughts
Socks are too thick
I expected the socks to be thinner than they are since they are running light micro socks. I may need the ultra light sock instead. Otherwise, these are well made, comfortable socks.
SmartWool PhD Technology
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
I have tried soooooo many socks for trail running over the years, and these are hands down my favorite. Super comfy, soft, and they really keep the blisters away.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
I took this out for a spin this morning and my dogs didn't bark, not even at a passing cat. These socks are colorful and fun, and I really like the fit (I'm a size 10.5-11 shoe and the L is great). The ankle is rolled and a bit more meaty in back, but that was actually nice and soft. I'm eager to try these socks on a warm morning when (eww) foot sweat might be an issue.
Grab the poppy color!
These socks are super light but very comfortable and cushioned. I can't get away from merino wool socks, they dry fast, don't hold odor, and keep your feet at a great tempature. Smartwool has very good quality, these socks will last you. Very durable! I do have a bit of a sizing issue with these socks. I wear size 5.5/6.0 US womens and the size Sm is a little bit to large.