- Blended composition maximizes the benefits of each separate material while minimizing fabric drawbacks
- Soft, merino wool breathes well, helps regulate body temperature, and is naturally odor resistant
- Nylon components dry quickly, breathe well, and add extra durability
- 4Degree Elite Fit system employs ankle, instep, and arch elastic bands for a snug fit, support, and circulation
- ReliaWool tech on the bottom of the sock combines high-density impact zones along the ball and heel for long-lasting protection
- Virtually seamless toe construction limits irritation and chafing
Share your thoughts
SmartWool PhD Technology
Excellent sock for the price.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs small
Great running sock. Ultra light weight, durable, long lasting, breaths and keeps its shape. Wash, spin, hang to dry. Very easy to maintain. If in doubt of size, go one size larger.
Ultra light weight!
These socks are very minimal. Very short on the ankle and very thin material. I assume these would be great for running, I however am not a runner so I ended up returning these. If you are looking for a thin light running sock this is a good one.
The real thing...
I initially got into Smartwool socks when I started trail running. I wanted to make sure I had good foot care and a solid wicking fabric on my feet for those long trail runs. Smartwool did the trick!
I now use these socks for both road and trail running as well as just everyday use. They are cool/warm dry and comfortable. I own about 6 pairs at this point and will continue to grab some when they pop up on sale! ;-)
The fit around the toes and ankle are very comfortable. I'll put these to extreme use this summer in a summer trail ultra and we'll see if I can stand by this review after that. My guess is "Yes, definitely".