Ensure solid comfort when you tackle the trail this chilly fall with the SmartWool PhD Outdoor Heavy Crew Socks. Designed to fit smoothly into your hiking shoes or boots, the PhD Outdoor features a 4 Degree Elite fit system for improved stretch and recovery to keep the socks in place versus sagging down into your footwear.
- Merino wool, nylon, and elastane fabric blend wicks moisture away from your feet for increased comfort, dries quickly, and breathes exceptionally well while you hike
- Merino wool's antimicrobial qualities inhibit feet funk while elastane fabric offers comfortable stretch
- 4 Degree Elite fit system uses two elastics for greater stretch and recovery to keep the socks in place
- ReliaWool technology in high-impact areas provides longer lasting protection
- Strategically placed mesh ventilation zones supply ventilation for temperature and moisture management
- Flat-knit, durable toe seams for high burst strength
- Overall Height: 8.5in
Share your thoughts
SmartWool PhD Technology
The Smartwool PhD socks are amazing!!!
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
I'm an avid hiker and been hiking for 7 years now. The only socks I wear are the Smartwool PhD as they hug my feet so well, breath and feel so good. I was so excited to find this heavy weight option and wore them on my Rainier climb. They were the only sock I wore, no liners needed. LOVE THESE!!!!