- Detail Images
Once winter creeps into the mountains to stay, the SmartWool PhD HyFi Full-Zip Hoodie serves as a dynamic mid-layer for your days at the resort or frigid mornings on the skin track. The heavyweight merino wool fabric insulates your core without trapping moisture during demanding runs or climbs. Once the morning warms up, the full front zipper allows extra venting so you can keep your mountain mojo working.
- Heavyweight HyFi merino wool fabric regulates your body temperature so you stay warm when you're standing still and cool when you're working hard in the steeps
- Merino also resists the build-up of odors so you don't have to deal with stink during hut trips or post-shredding drinks
- Semi-form fit reduces excess bulk, and articulated elbows enable unrestricted movement
- Hip length and drop-tail hem boost coverage
- Bound hood insulates your head underneath your climbing or skiing helmet
- Asymmetric full front zipper dumps excess heat, and a chin guard prevents zipper chafe
- Full zipper flap provides extra protection during the coldest days
- Low-profile thumbloops secure your sleeves while you layer up
- Zippered chest pocket and hand pockets hold accessories and feature a Durawelt finish for water-resistance
Share your thoughts
Great mid-weight layer
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I've been using this for cycling in cool weather or as a mid-layer with a gortex shell in cold weather. It will be a key component of my upcoming alpine field work. The fit is generous, the hood is excellent, and the materials feel great woven together. Fit: I am a M sized man but got the L for a bit of extra room in case I wear a sweater under this. Fit is great. Hood: The hood is amazing. Google this jacket on Smarwool's site to get an idea. It does fit under helmets or snug rain jacket hoods great. Materials: The synthetic outerlayer is a good abrasion/snag-resistant protection for the mid-weight merino wool interior. Very happy with this jacket. The quality of construction is very reassuring.