- Detail Images
The SmartWool Microweight Boxer Brief harnesses the power of merino wool to give you extreme comfort even when you're training hard. Forget about bunching, soggy cotton briefs—these technical underwear use nature's best and mankind's smartest to keep you feeling good on the trail.
- Merino wool breathes, helps regulate temperature, and its antimicrobial properties keeps these boxer briefs fresh
- Elastane content enhances the fit and shape retention
- Seamsoft thread in flatlock seams are smooth on your skin for irritation-free wear
- Fully functional fly makes doing your business easier
- Elastic waistband has wool terry-loop backing for extra next-to-skin comfort
Share your thoughts
Couldn't be Happier
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
I first bought a couple of these to wear on the trail, and they were so wonderful, I have been slowly purchasing more as they go on sale, and I wear them all day, every day. The first two I purchased 18 months ago, and have washed them (with Woolite, air dry) probably 15 times or more with no problems. They have held up well.
I like the longer legs, and the waistband has no chafe. I have a 36" waist, and the large fit well. Because of the wool, I can wear the same underwear for more than one day with no smell. I highly recommend them.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
Great fit to them, and the material is awesome as well. Very soft and light weight feeling. As Chris said, they do run up a little at times, but with the longer cut to them it really isn't that bad compared to others I've used. Overall they are a great, comfortable boxer brief with all the benefits of merino wool.
you might not think having wool on your bits and pieces would be comfortable, but smartwool made these even softer than their shirts. however, this softness makes it easier to the legs to ride up. i have bigger than average thighs, so maybe normal sized folks wont have the same issue. speaking of the legs, they have a nice, long cut that i like: not the short european model look that might as well be briefs (ice breaker).
other than that, they breathe well and dry quick. just remember, if the shorts or pants you're wearing don't breathe/wick well, that will limit the perforance of these boxers breifs.