- Detail Images
When you're post-holing up the side of a mountain on your way to a tree-line yurt, you need a high-tech technical baselayer like the SmartWool Midweight Pattern Crew between your skin and everything else. This merino long underwear top helps your body stay cool when you're working up a sweat, and it keeps out the cold when you're flying down the mountain. Plus, thanks to a few well-placed stripes, you'll even look good when you're relaxing around the yurt.
- Merino wool naturally helps your body regulate temperature and inhibits bacterial growth
- Form fit lies right on your skin so there isn't any extra bulk to get in your way
- Set-in-sleeves free your arms for maximum mobility
- Flatlock seems are easy on your skin
- UPF 50 shields you from the sun's harmful rays
- Subtle striped pattern brings a little bit of style to this high-performance shirt
Share your thoughts
Makes a great winter base layer
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
This shirt is very comfortable as is expected with Merino wool. The thickness makes for a good winter base layer, but might be a tad warm for spring skiing. Not a bad price for a merino base layer either.