- Detail Images
Since what happens inside your boots can really mess with your on-mountain mojo, try the short, shin-length SmartWool NTS Midweight Boot Top Bottom. This bottom reduces the annoying bunching of your socks, boots, and baselayer that can cut off circulation and sabotage your snow sessions. Plus, it's made with midweight merino wool for superior comfort during colder days on the hill.
- Next-To-Skin (NTS) midweight merino wool fabric regulates your body temperature so you stay warm on long chairlift rides and cool when you're working hard in the steeps
- Merino also resists the build-up of odors so you don't have to deal with stink during hut trips or post-shredding drinks in the lodge
- Form fit means this top lies close to your skin for better fabric breathability and insulation
- Natural rise boosts coverage
- Boot cut (20in inseam) means you don't have to deal with baselayer-over-the-socks bunching in your boots
- Flatlock seams help prevent chafing
- Merino-covered elastic waistband secures the bottom as you get gnarly on or off the hill
- Traditional fly lets you easily relieve yourself
Share your thoughts
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Huge fan of smartwool base layers to begin with, and these only heightened that. The high cut to accomodate boots is awesome. The wool is soft and comfortable, yet keeps you warm and breathes well all the while. Ideal for multi-day trips as they won't stink the joint up either.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I have worked outside for the past 10 years in the military and have struggled to stay warm with military issue gear in the winter. These are by far THE BEST I've ever had to keep warm. They are super soft and comfortable, they stay out of my boots, and they keep me warm enough in freezing conditions. I can't wait to use them on my alpine climbs this winter!!!