- Detail Images
Midway up a wind-blasted ridge is a bad place to get the sweaty chills, so slip on the SmartWool NTS Lightweight Hoodie as a baselayer before you head up to climb an icy beast of a mountain. The lightweight, next-to-skin merino wool regulates your moisture and temperature so you can climb, hike, backpack, or ski-tour in chilly weather.
- Lightweight, next-to-skin merino wool fabric regulates your body temperature so you stay cool when you warm up and warm when you stop to catch your breath
- Merino also resists the build-up of odors so you won't have to worry about laundry on trips or excess stink on backpacking treks
- Side panels increase breathability when you really start to work hard, prevent side-seam rubbing, and provide a body-hugging fit
- UPF 35-rated fabric helps block harmful UV rays around the campsite
- Form fit matches your body shape and engages the fabric with your skin for greater performance
- Hip length and drop-tail hem provides coverage during climbs
- Scuba-style hood insulates your head underneath your climbing or skiing helmet
- 14-Inch front zipper dumps excess heat
- Flatlock interior seams prevent rubbing and chafing while you're wearing a pack
- Contoured cuffs match your hands-forward position while skiing or skinning
Share your thoughts
Nice lightweight wool shirt
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I definitely disagree with the "itchy" comment, at least for the hoodie I got- it's as soft as silk. This hoodie is pretty much what you would expect from a high-end wool shirt. I will warn people that the material is really thin, maybe even thin by t-shirt standards. The fit is a little on the slim side, but not form-fitting. For me. it's a pretty ideal layer for temps that are just a little below my comfort zone.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
Wound up returning this as the material was pretty itchy for smartwool and the cut on the hood was kind of weird. The top of the face cut out basically sat over my eyes. Not sure if this is supposed to go over a helmet or something, but it wasn't for me so I sent it back. Return process was painless!