If you have big feet and ride hard, drop in on steep lines and step up to huge cliffs, then make sure you're doing so with the Slash Straight Wide Snowboard. Highly directional in flex and shape, this board is meant to rip technical lines and powder-filled chutes. With a Backseat CamRock profile, the longer, rockered nose allows you to surf through deep stuff without submerging, while a slightly stiffer tail gives you the stability needed to slash turns and stomp landings with authority.
The Reactive Flex wrap uses two unique fiberglass layers in combination with a specially-profiled core to allow the board to flex across the width. When carving, the board's edges flex downward, making for a concave base that adds extra grip. On the other hand, the edges flex upwards when sliding a rail so you don't hang up. To give you the grip you need to hold an edge on icy kickers and bulletproof groomers, it features Ultimate Traction, which uses one small, counter-radius bump at the center of the sidecut to create an additional contact point.
Inside this board, you'll find a Powder Woodcore made of paulownia, beech, and poplar wood. This three-way wood blend reduces weight while increasing pop and response. It's also reinforced with carbon Landing Strips running from the tips to inserts for stability when hauling at high speeds. Speaking of high velocity, the sintered HD base provides the fastest glide of any base available. This performance base holds large amounts of wax and holds up to abuse with its impact-resistant, super-dense structure.
- Medium-stiff-flexing, directional board that's born to surf pow
- Wider waist accommodates big-footed riders
- Big nose and subtle rocker allows for easy float in steep and deep
- Triple-density wood core shaves weight while boosting strength
- Carbon stringers amplify pop and response, and reduce chatter
- Fiberglass layup offers torsional stiffness to eat up chop
- Sintered base absorbs a ton of wax and keeps you flying downhill
- Item #SLH000Y