Flyweight but never flighty.
Go ahead, toss that thermos full of hot cocoa in your pack, because on the ultralight and agile Ski Trab Polvere Ski you've already shaved serious weight. At less than seven pounds per pair, this backcountry stick will fly uphill. With its ample sidecut and early-rise tip and tail, hauling butt downhill—whether on soft or windblown snow—won't be too shabby, either. An Aero core and cap construction keep the weight down while carbon and fiberglass reinforcements ensure torsional strength and high-speed stability. All that, and you can bring along refreshments.
- Early-rise tip and tail profile provides float and agility in soft snow but enough edge contact when conditions are harder
- Aramid Aero honeycomb compound core compresses for maximum strength at light weight
- Fiber plate support reinforcement underfoot ensures secure binding mounting to prevent disastrous blow-out
- Cap Piuma Quadriaxial construction encases core with compounds in four axial directions for improved grip and precision without added weight
- Various carbon, fiberglass, and hybrid reinforcements increase torsional strength and keeps flexibility curve smooth and balanced
- Scratchproof polyamide film protects topsheet structure and design
- A mid-fat waist provides optimal versatility for stability in soft snow and goes quickly from edge to edge on hardpack
- Ample sidecut makes turning and pulling tricky maneuvers on these sticks an afterthought
- At about six pounds per pair, this ultralight ski will never be a burden
- Hard, microcrystalline steel edge with microfinish-grind delivers durable death grip on ice or hardpack
- A slotted tail accommodates Ski Trab skins
- High-molecular-density sintered base provides exceptional glide and durability
- For use with flat-mount binding