You'll never be lost again with the compact, easy-to-use Silva Guide 426 Compass. The Guide 426 floats, which makes it perfect for river trips and fishing excursions, and smart features like the Vee notch at the top of the sighting mirror and tungsten needle with sapphire bearing make it easy to use and durable.
- Buoyant polypropylene base makes it ideal for rafting, canoeing, and other watersports
- Vee notch at the top of the sighting mirror makes it easier to use
- Friction-free sapphire bearing
- Declination scale lets you adjust for local magnetic variability
- Lanyard hole for safe-keeping
Share your thoughts
Adequate small compass
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This is a perfectly adequate compass for backup or "just in case" situations. Two degree divisions, and a non-adjustable declination setting, mean you wouldn't use it for orieteering or surveying, but it's fine for rough wayfinding, which is enough in most areas if done right. Light, small, and highly visible in the orange color. Just what I had been looking for at a good price.