- Detail Images
With the Silva Explorer Pro Compass, you'll be able to accurately plot your course through vast tracks of wilderness. The base plate fits comfortably in your hand, and a built-in magnifier takes the fuss out of reading map details. A 1/10-mile direct reading scale allows for accurate mapping and plotting while the clinometer keeps track of the slope angle for backcountry touring.
- 1/10-mile direct reading scales for USGS 1:24,000 and 1:62,500 maps allow for accurate mapping and plotting
- Clinometer allows you to measure the angles of slopes when you're touring
- Gear-driven declination scale accurately measures the angle between true north and magnetic north
- Ergonomic base plate comfortably fits in the palm of your hand
- Built-in magnifier aids in reading map details
- Inch ruler on base plate allows you to make accurate map measurements
- Lanyard keeps the compass securely attached to your jacket or pack
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This has been the compass I use for the last 4 years. I would love to say I have never got lost using it, but that would be lying. However, my getting lost is not the fault of the compass. It has lasted the distance being used in all conditions.
The Clinometer is a nice touch too.