- Detail Images
- Community Images
Simple and reliable with plenty of room for three to sleep in the wild, spring through fall.
Grab two buddies, split the components of the Sierra Designs 3 Tent among your packs, and when it's time to setup camp at night, you'll have roomy, reliable shelter for three. Securely stationed as Sierra Design's go-to shelter for simplicity of setup, this tent features two doors, two vestibules, and a two-pole exterior structure. Sealed seams, a waterproof bathtub-style floor, and a waterproof rain fly protect you from the elements, and inside you get the peak height, length, and floor space you need to spread out should you have to wait out the weather. Sure, lighter tents exist, but few are as reliable for three-season, three-person camping.
- Polyester material makes the body and fly lightweight and allows it to dry out quickly after a night of rain or heavy internal condensation
- PVC-free seam tape keeps leaks from forming at the seams of the rain fly
- Waterproof bathtub floor uses Superseal construction that keeps rain and moisture from leaking in at fabric seams
- Poles attach to tent via grommets at each corner, and the fly attaches to the pole structure via an easy-to-use clip system (Swift Clip)
- Swivel hub keeps the poles connected and properly aligned at the top of the tent so setup is simple, quick, and secure
- DAC press fit aluminum poles are strong, flexible, and collapsible for easy packing
- Dual doors feature a D-shape that's easy to zip and unzip quickly, and the doors use a drop-style design that falls away so you won't get hung up when you're entering or exiting
- Dual vestibules provide covered storage outside the dual doors
- Interior peak height of 46 inches gives you plenty of room to move around
- 6lb 4oz trail weight makes this tent ideal for short-distance overnighters with your backpack or car camping when you're on a climbing, biking, or running trip
- Mesh tent body allows air to circulate underneath the fly, and a small gap at the bottom of the fly allows for the exchange of fresh air
- Free-standing design allows you to set this tent up anywhere and then easily move it to the most ideal location without tearing down and setting up again
- Reflective trim elevates the visibility of the guy lines and doors at night
- Interior hanging pockets give you a place to keep small essentials organized and off the floor of your tent
Share your thoughts
Nice and Dry
Got this tent so that we could start taking our 7 year old packing, but didn't want to drop too much cash until we knew how interested she would be in continuing to go after realizing how much walking would be involved in packing with mom and dad. She did great, tent was stellar. You can easily ditch the stuff sack and divide the tent, which makes the weight very manageable. Not long after we made camp a nice Texas thunderstorm blew in and despite very heavy wind and rain and even a little small hail we were nice and dry. Tent is really quite roomy and would accommodate 3 adults fairly well as long as everyone is used to backpacking tents. This would be a hard tent to beat for the price.