- Detail Images
- Community Images
Storage and sleeping room for two, from late spring through late fall.
With two doors, two vestibules, and a setup that requires only two poles, the Sierra Designs Zilla 2 Tent is a simple way to bring and set up shelter in the outdoors. While lighter or more streamlined tents exist, the Zilla carves out its spot in the Sierra Designs shelter lineup as a reliable, sturdy, and easy-to-setup go-to for car camping or close-to-home overnighters. Inside, you'll find more than three feet of peak height, seven feet of length to stretch out, and almost four-and-a-half feet of width so you and your buddy have plenty of shoulder room when you hit the sack. It doesn't get much more straightforward than the Zilla 2, and that's what's nice about it.
- Polyester material makes the body and fly lightweight and allows it to dry out quickly after a night of rain or heavy internal condensation
- PVC-free seam tape keeps leaks from forming at the seams of the rain fly
- Waterproof bathtub floor uses Superseal construction that keeps rain and moisture from leaking in at fabric seams
- Poles attach to tent via grommets at each corner, and the fly attaches to the pole structure via an easy-to-use clip system (Swift Clip)
- Swivel hub keeps the poles connected and properly aligned at the top of the tent so setup is simple, quick, and secure
- DAC press fit aluminum poles are strong, flexible, and collapsible for easy packing
- Dual doors feature a D-shape that's easy to zip and unzip quickly, and the doors use a drop-style design that falls away so you won't get hung up when you're entering or exiting
- Dual vestibules provide covered storage outside the dual doors
- Interior peak height of 40 inches gives you plenty of room to move around
- 5lb 4oz trail weight makes this tent ideal for short-distance overnighters with your backpack or car camping when you're on climbing, biking, or running trips
- Mesh tent body allows air to circulate underneath the fly, and a small gap at the bottom of the fly allows for the exchange of fresh air
- Free-standing design allows you to set this tent up anywhere and then easily move it to the most ideal location without tearing down and setting up again
- Reflective trim elevates the visibility of the guy lines and doors at night
- Interior hanging pockets give you a place to keep small essentials organized and off the floor of your tent
Share your thoughts
Great tent for the money.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Two doors and two vestibules are unbeatable for this money. Inside the tent isn't spacious as say the Marmot Limelight 2P but there is enough room for two adults and there be no complaining. Nice and cozy. Simple as tying your shoe to set up. Color coated tabs on the tent and rain fly make things easy for pitching.