- Detail Images
- Community Images
The time to upgrade has just arrived.
- Included footprint and gear loft help you make quick use of your investment right out of the box
- Waterproof fly and floor fabric feature fully taped, PVC-free seams for added protection from rainstorms and soggy weather
- Superseal floor tech combines the benefits of catenary and bathtub floors by featuring both raised and taped seams for a tighter pitch and better protection
- Swivel hub has an increased angle of motion to reduce the chance of pitching errors and to expedite the tent pitching process
- Ball cap connector eliminates the grommet and tip at the end of the ridge poles for quicker, easier setup
- Ultralight D-door and SC Swift Clips are easy to use and help conserve weight
- Reflective door trim and guy outs so you can find your tent in the dark
Share your thoughts
The packed weight includes the footprint...
The packed weight includes the footprint and gear loft, correct?
Also, can you roll up the rain fly doors on each side?
Yes, the packed weight should be accounting for both the fly and the gear loft, as well as the tent body, the poles, and the stakes.
As for your second question, are you asking whether you can roll them up and have them held by a toggle on a piece of fabric that wraps around the rolled up door?
Been nothing short of great
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I love this thing. I've used in a few different environments from Death Valley to the High Sierras and it has performed pretty flawlessly from 120 degree summers to heavy rains. . The mesh ventilates well and the fly is great cover.
I mainly use this with my girlfriend and there's plenty of space for us. I'm 6ft and she's 5'3
Great Backpacking Tent
I purchased the Zia 2 for motorcycle camping and I love it. Takes a total of ten minutes to set it up and is extremely easy to tear down. Inside floor space was defiantly larger than expected. Lightweight and very stowable. Grab one today!!!!!
Awesome lil tent
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Pretty sweet little tent. Just took it up to Laguna Recreation area, and slept in the snow. Was able to fit 3 people in, not extremely comfortable. Has awesome ventilation, and the rain fly covers it pretty well. Only problem i had with it was when the wind began to blow snow in under the fly. I couldn't cinch it down anymore, but then again it is not a winter tent. Great tent, and a great price.
The setup is super easy once after the first time. I actually had to read the directions for setting it up. Now i can do it by myself in about 10 minutes with the rain fly too.
Can't wait for the summer to use it all the time.
(ericsonphotography.tumblr.com for the photo)
Sierra Designs Zia 2
Held up through unexpected snow shower in the Pemigewasset Wilderness in the White Mountain National Forest.
The Last 2 person tent you will ever need for backpacking
..This tent is a gem...2 doors/2 vesti's....plenty of room in side...side to side...up and around...You can upright urself without touching the walls....Plenty of ventalation.....And set up is an ease for one person....The center pole is 2 pcs connected together and then you have 2 long poles...+ the free ground cloth is a huge bonus...You have pockets inside also...I have been in rain showers twice...and 1 major thunder storm..No problem...never leaked anyware..great buy..
Sierra Designs Zia Series
This tent comes with a weird extra "X" pole that goes across the top. It makes it a pain to assemble--especially by yourself. Its also heavy and on the large side for backpacking, which is what I bought it for. I ended up returning it and am still looking for something else.
sierra designs zia 2
Great little tent!!!
Does the trail weight inlcude the 7 oz...
Does the trail weight inlcude the 7 oz footprint? If so, do you have to use the footprint?
No, trail weight only includes the tent body, rain fly, and the tent poles. It does not include the stakes, stuff sacks, footprint, or gear loft. Also, it is highly recommended to use the footprint every time as it protects your investment from wear and tear.