- Detail Images
- Community Images
An easy-to-carry one-person shelter for life on the long trail.
There's no need to drag around any more tent then you need when you hit the trail solo. The Sierra Designs Vapor Light 1 Tent is a three-season shelter with ultralight mesh, a compact vestibule, and the protection you need to help weather a wet spring or blustery fall. Some prefer the door of a tent at the side and some the head; this tent offers the later. The vestibule offers seven square feet of storage space (enough for a weekend pack and your boots), and inside the Vapor Light, you'll find more than three feet of head space so you can sit up when you want to. Setup is a breeze thanks to the freestanding design and the hubs at the pole junctions. At just a touch over three pounds, this is a reliable, go-to option for single-person backpacking missions spring through fall and in areas that have mild to moderately wet conditions.
- Ultralight 20D nylon and mesh body material makes this tent easy on your back and quick drying, and it allows air to flow freely so you stay cool in hot weather
- Coated fly offers supreme water repellency so you stay dry and rain and precipitation roll right off the fly
- Single-door design places the door at your head to reduce the footprint of this tent without reducing tent length (82in long) so you can stretch your legs out
- D-style door allows you to vent at the top or bottom and makes it easy to quickly zip or unzip this door with one hand without worrying about binding
- Tent weighs in at just over three pounds when fully packed
- Freestanding design means that this tent doesn't have to be staked out to stand up, which allows you to set it up and move it on a whim
- DAC featherlite poles reduce weight without sacrificing structural stability or durability
- Lightweight clip attachments keep the fly securely fixed to the pole structure and drastically simplify setup
- Hub system mates the sections of pole together so you spend less time setting up
- Seam taping further improves the waterproof protection of the tent body so leaks won't form at fabric junctions
- Superseal floor protects you against the wet ground and from water that splashes up during heavy rain
- Reflective door trim makes it easier to locate your tent at night when you have only a headlamp to guide your way
- Hanging interior pockets hold your glasses, headlamp, or nutrition bars so you won't lose your small essentials in your sleeping bag or under your clothes
Share your thoughts
Awesome light tent for the money
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
The Vapor Light 1 Tent is fantastic. I used one for 4.5 months while backpacking in Yellowstone for work. The design is light and the footprint clips into the rest of the tent making setup really easy.
The tent was put through rain, sun, wind and snow. I slept in it 3 nights a week for 15 weeks and it had been already been used for two seasons by previous techs on the project. Despite 8 months of heavy use prior to my using it, the tent was in great condition and stood up to my abuse well. The only problem was the one of the guy line attachments had ripped out of one of the tents (we had 4). But after 3 field seasons only one had lost one guy line attachment and everything else still worked great.