- Detail Images
- Community Images
The end of the housing crisis.
More like a portable cabin than a tent, the Sierra Designs Mirage 4 comfortably sleeps 4 adults at night then provides plenty of space for entertainment or base camp operations during the day. The huge 100 by 112 inch vestibule can be opened wide for fresh air or zipped up tight to escape the sun, insects, or bad weather. With 76 inches of headroom pretty much anyone can walk around inside comfortably, unless you happen to be hosting a pro basketball outdoors seminar.
- Ultra-durable, dye-free 68D polyester
- 75D polyester fly material with 1500mm DWR coating for total weather-proofness
- 75D polyester floor with 1500mm DWR coating keeps your bag from getting soaked
- DAC DA-17 poles for the ultimate in strength
- 2 doors for easy access and disturbance-free bathroom breaks
- 2 vestibules for plenty of wet storage
- Roomy 92-inch shoulder width for comfortable 2-person sleeping
- Steep walls for more interior room
- External vent allows moisture to escape
- Ultralight clip and sleeve construction for easy setup and durability
Share your thoughts
Best Tent I may have ever seen
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This tent is incredible. Sierra Designs has thought of everything on this tent. A little known fact that they do not advertise is that the sleeping section can actually be removed from the tent, making one long covered area!!!! I love the versatility that the rain fly offers, you can go from a bug free area to a rain free area and the fly stays on the tent! Also, ONE PERSON CAN EASILY SET UP THIS TENT! It takes a little more time, but my first setup I did took me 10 minutes to get the whole thing pitched. The hardest part of setting it up is having to walk around the tent a lot to clip it up.
I would like to buy this tent, but does...
I would like to buy this tent, but does it really need two people to set it up? How about 1 person that knows what they are doing?
You can do it, but it's time consuming and can be very frustrating. Because of the tent's size, I find it difficult to get all it all together without something that had previously been assembled falling apart.
Is it difficult, time consuming,etc for even 2 people? We've had a SD Mondo Condo for over 20 yrs, which 1 person could do in about 10 minutes. We're trying to decide if this one is worth the hassle.
With 2 people it's no problem at all and if you're a pro, setting it up solo probably wouldn't be too bad.
I have seen the Mirage 2 set up by two people rather effortlessly. I will be using the Mirage 4 myself in a week or so and will have more beta on potential hassles found in setting this beast up by oneself...stay tuned.
What is the overall exterior footprint of...
What is the overall exterior footprint of the Mirage?
The max dimensions are 208" x 112" at the widest points.