Big warmth and big loft even in high humidity.
Even on mild summer nights, high humidity can leave you shivering in a traditional down-filled bag. Not so with the advanced insulation of the Sierra Designs Women's Eleanor 30 Lite 700-Fill DriDown Sleeping Bag. The DriDown technology gives each individual feather a hydrophobic finish, allowing the insulation to stay 10 times drier and twice as lofty as untreated down when exposed to humid conditions. So whether you're waiting out a summer rain shower in the Rockies or trekking through coastal forests, the women-specific Eleanor will keep you sleeping snug as a bug all the way down to 29°F.
- With an EN comfort limit of 29°F (comfort limit refers to the average woman's comfort zone), this bag is best suited for camping in spring, summer, or mild fall conditions
- 700-fill DriDown provides toasty warmth on chilly humid nights
- DriDown technology gives each individual feather a hydrophobic finish, allowing the down to stay dry 10 times longer than untreated down and providing twice as much loft when exposed to humid conditions
- Snag-free zipper tracks eliminate annoying stuck zippers
- Draft tube along the 60-inch zipper prevents warm air from escaping
- Drawcord at the collar provides a snug fitting hood and traps in warm air
- Women-specific bag shape and an ergonomically shaped hood and footbox allow you to sleep in a natural position
- At just two and a half pounds, the Eleanor won't weigh you down when you're on the trail
- Packs into an included 9 by 14 inch stuff sack
Share your thoughts
As a female I'm looking at the eleanor...
As a female I'm looking at the eleanor bags however at 5'8" will I still be comfortable in these bags or should I look for a zissou (knowing the EN rating will change for a female) instead?
I honestly do not suggest you forcing yourself into a bag that is too small for you just because it's labeled as a women's bag. If you do decide that the only other bag that is right for you is the Zissou then just keep int mind the compatible comfort ratings: 24 degrees for the Zissou 12 and 34 degrees for the Zissou 23.
Honestly though we do have a couple womens specific bag in longer lengths like the Marmot Angel Fire ( MAR2740 ), the Western Mountaineering TerraLite ( WES000A ) or the Kelty SB ( KEL000H ). Maybe take a look at some of these other options and then give one of our experienced Gearheads a call.
Didn't wet out during a 15 min sprinkle
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I did a lot of research before buying this bag and for what I'll be doing, DriDown is the only way to go. This bag is super light, compactable, and very warm. So far, my wife has only used it once in the hot temperatures of July, but it worked great.
We slept overnight in the truck bed with nothing over us. Temperatures only got down to about 60-65 F, but it was in open air and had about a 10 mph wind most of the night. She was cozy (with the footbox unzipped) even though she's a cold sleeper. It started to rain (sprinkle) for about 15 minutes and we eventually decided to put her in the truck bed and put a tarp over me since it might persist. While in the truck, the bag was way too hot to be in it, so she just laid it on top of her and slept great. The water, although minimal, didn't seem to affect the bag at all.