- Detail Images
Wickedly lightweight and packable for your wet high-mountain adventures.
When you hear the low roar of thunder, reach for the Sierra Designs Women's Cloud Airshell Jacket. This ultralight jacket packs down to the size of your fist, weighs less than 4-ounces, and repels water.
- A DWR coating and PVC-free, fully-taped seams shed light rain, sleet, or snow so you're not a sopping mess when you reach the lean-to or yurt
- Illusion fabric features wickedly light weight, packable, and breathable 15D nylon tricot material that saves you weight and space when you're on the trail
- Feminine, athletic fit still allows room for the Cloud Airshell to layer nicely over the Cloud Windshell (sold separately) when unsavory weather rolls in
- Attached hood shields your head and face from the elements
- Jacket stuffs into sleeve pocket for compactability when you backpack, hike, or mountain bike
- Zippered sleeve pocket also stashes your lip balm or energy bar
- Included stuff sack for convenience when you travel
Share your thoughts
Downer for a Downpour...
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
My ancient rain jacket finally sang it’s last song a week before a backpacking trip to Washington this summer. I was looking for a lightweight option to replace it and this was what I went with. Don’t get me wrong - it’s a really rad jacket, but NOT okay for the Olympic Coast.
Recommended use says “hiking, backpacking, traveling”. These are all totally spot-on and the jacket does its job of keeping you dry, but if it’s even a little chilly out, you’re going to have a bad time.
The description of this product says that there is a “zippered sleeve pocket”. Mine (the charcoal/turquoise number) did not have any sort of pocket. The stuff sack was nice, but a nice stuff sack does not make for a pocket.
CONCLUSION: In the end, I returned this product, but if you’re in a magical land where rain is warm, get after this jacket.