- Detail Images
For lady paddlers that want to go big and remember it later.
- Armid and fiberglass outer shell and VN foam liner team up to provide CE-certified impact protection and cushioning reduces head injuries along rocky rivers
- H.O.G. Occipital Lock allows adjustment for a secure fit that is effective during boulder encounters
- Nylon straps, stainless steel hardware, and Duraflex fasteners ensure long-lasting durability without rusting
- Color-coded fitting pads provide additional comfort
- Different colorways (when available) let you match your river-rat personality
Share your thoughts
Hi, what is the actual weight of the helmet?...
Hi, what is the actual weight of the helmet? Thanks!
Hello Windspired, thanks for the question!
I e-mailed the CS over at Shred Ready, here's what they had to say:
"We don't have the exact weight, because we don't keep up with that information, but I just tossed one on the shipping scale and it came in at exactly 1.25 pounds (20 ounces)."
Cheers! Hope that helps.
Overall happy with helmet.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Review from customer - Nicole:
Overall I am happy with the helmet. I've hit my head on rocks a few times when whitewater kayaking. It was an upgrade from my Protec- and my head feels much more protected. The color was not quite the same as pictured- not backcountry's fault- they show the same pic I've seen everywhere else. It is a lighter, truer pink.It was surprisingly small- from front to back- but roomier on the sides. I wear a small snowboarding helmet and used none of the pads that came with it, as they are only for front to back. I wish it had side pads. I don't think this would fit someone who wears a M or L ski helmet.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I've just been waiting for my other helmet to be at the end of its life so I could purchase the Vixon. Overall I'm happy with the adjustability and love the removable ear flaps for freezing water / air temps. One note, I got the pearl white and it came with HOT pink straps, not black like pictured when I purchased it.
Feels kind of heavy and slides up.
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
I got the Carbon Fiber one and while the helmet looks sweet, has a nice adjustable Boa type tightening system on the back, and 3 different size pads to adjust the fit, I couldn't get over how heavy the helmet felt, how the adjuster's straps irritated my ears, and most of all how the helmet feels like it would come up off the front of my head when I pushed it up. My current helmet does that and it's really annoying so I'm trying to find a helmet that doesn't move up on my head when I'm under the water. I'm sending this back.
It's a winner
I got the chance to try out my new helmet this past weekend. I am happy to say I did not test it by banging my head and helmet on river boulders. However, the helmet is as comfortable as a helmet can be. The H.O.G. occipital lock is great, it allows for an adjustable fit that keeps the helmet from slipping around but not so tight that you get a headache. I have a small head and used very little of the added padding strips that are included. If you have a large head the helmet may be too small.