Free gift with purchase!
Trek & Travel Pocket Soaps
A toasty bag with Ultra-Dry Down and a slightly more relaxed fit than most mummy bags.
Thanks to the condensation protection on the Sea To Summit Traverse Xtl 19 Degree Down Sleeping Bag, you'll stay more than comfortable in chilly, humid climates. The 850+ Ultra-Dry Down insulation features a permanent Nano-level water-repellent polymer treatment that supplies exceptional comfort and warmth when you hunker down in your tent or yurt to escape the rain or snow.
- With an EN comfort rating of 30F and a lower limit of 19F, this bag is best suited for spring through fall nights in the mountains or winter nights in milder climates or sheltered yurts
- 850+ down insulation features 90% down cluster premium European goose down that offers superb warmth and comfort
- Ultra-Dry Down features a permanent Nano-level water-repellent polymer treatment that repels moisture, helps inhibit bacterial and microbial growth, dries faster than untreated down, retains loft longer, and prolongs the overall life of the sleeping bag
- Relaxed mummy convertible shape has a larger hood, broader shoulders, and a larger chest area (compared to regular mummy bags), and the full-length side and foot zip allow you to convert this bag to a duvet
- Differential cut shell means the lining is cut smaller than the outer shell fabric so the insulation can expand outward for better lofting and to reduce cold spots
- 3D side walls and offset baffles lead to less heat loss while side block baffles prevent down from migrating from the top of the bag to the bottom
- Anatomically tapered foot box offers a more relaxed fit and plenty of unrestricted room
- 3D NanoShell fabric offers durability and breathability and feels wickedly smooth and comfortable against your skin
- Anti-snag zip-draft tube and anti-snag neck draft tube with dual elastic adjustment seal in warmth and block out the cold
- Two-way YKK #5 zippers with separate foot zip for convenience
- Medium-sized internal zip pocket stashes your headlamp or book
- Includes lightweight Ultra-Sil compression bag, mesh storage cell, and laundry bag
- Item #STS0170
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This bag is just so awesome. It comes with a mesh bag for storage between trips (so the bag will stay loft), a cotton bag for protecting your precious sleeping bag in the washer, and a 10L compression bag.
The sleeping bag is extremely soft. The 850+ fill down is one of the best down out there, and it is treated to better repel moisture, so is the shell. I poured a bit of water, the water droplets 'float' on the shell and wipes right off.
Temperature rating is 19F/-7C. Two-way zippers work smooth like butter. There are zippers around the foot area as well. According to the attached brochure, the bag is recommended for spring/autumn/winter-lite usage, but with the foot zippers, I can definitely use this for summer nights in the mountains with foot zippers open. The tapered foot design is a nice touch, giving my feet lots of space. The hood cradles my head and leaves enough space for my down-jacket pillow.
The weight is 2lb 4oz for the short version (I'm 5'4). In comparison to some other best sleeping bags out there, it may be a bit heavy, but I'd rather get the extra features (foot zippers, nice roomy hood/feet fit, chest pocket, etc) and comfort for a few extra ounces.
I'm very excited to bring it with me on my early July Glacier National Park backpacking trip!