Being a minimalist shouldn't mean you have to starve.
- Cut-resistant base is ideal for chopping up ingredients without compromising the life of the bowl
- Food-grade silicone is flexible, so you can cram it into your pack without worrying about it breaking
- Compacts flat to minimize pack size
- Rigid base remains stable on uneven surfaces
Share your thoughts
This is the one for backpacking
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This is the one you want for backpacking. It can be used as a bowl or a plate so this is the only one you need. I love it. I also have the plate and bowl but since getting the XL they don't come out on backpacking trips anymore
Not too big, not too small, just the right size to be your all-purpose bowl/plate for a camp weekend. I have used the original (smaller) X-bowl for years, and decided to try out the plate and XL bowl this year. Love them all, and love that they flatten out for transport. If I was only going to choose one as the all-purpose size, I'd take this one, the XL bowl. If I was going to take one backpacking, I'd go with the original (smaller) X-bowl.
And a small warning... I have discovered there are chipmunks in Oregon that will nibble on the silicone. Apparently these chipmunks did not get the memo-that food-grade silicone means you can eat out of it, not actually eat it. Eek! Anyway.... just make sure you clean it and put it away if you are dealing with some daring camp-robber animals.