Sea To Summit ApII Sleeping Bag: 5 Degree Down
Dry down is warm down.
Neither science nor nature has been able to produce a lightweight material that can out-insulate down. But, even with all of its warming awesomeness, down is pretty much worthless when it's wet. Even the water vapor produced by your body while you sleep can dampen your down, and after a few days on the trail, it can build up and leave you chilled. Sea To Summit added its 3D NanoShell technology to the ApII 5-Degree Down Sleeping Bag to stop both external and internal moisture from soaking your down and stealing your heat.
- NanoShell technology fuses nano-sized water-repellent particles to the face fabric fibers to block moisture from the outside without using a heavy, suffocating coating
- Silicone-encapsulated 3D Barrier stands between you and the goose down insulation to prevent evaporating moisture and condensation from migrating into the down
- The 850-fill European goose down represents one of the highest insulation warmth-to-weight ratios available
- A differentially cut shell and lining prevent compression and loft-loss so heat is trapped close to your skin and you stay warm
- Anatomically tapered footbox matches the natural, trapezoidal position of your feet for more comfort when you sleep
- YKK #5 reverse zippers open from the top or bottom for venting and can be zipped together with another bag with a YKK #5 zip even if the bag is a different size or model
- Draft tube prevents cold air from seeping in along the zipper, and a high-density, stiff anti-snag zipper protects the lining