Free gift with purchase!
Trek & Travel Pocket Soaps
High altitude and extreme cold: your ideal conditions.
Even with all its insulating awesomeness, down is pretty much worthless when wet. That's why the Sea To Summit Alpine ApII 5-Degree Down Sleeping Bag uses 3D Nano Shell to stop both external
and internal moisture, because even water vapor produced by your body while you sleep can be a dampener. And the miraculous 850-fill Ultra-Dry Down repels moisture to retain loft that will keep you warm on extended trips during the coldest months. Baffled construction, cushioned hood, and zipper and neck draft tubes further ensure head-to-toe comfort.
- This autumn-winter 5F-rated bag was made for winter backpacking, snow camping, ski touring, alpine climbing, and expeditions
- High-density, downproof 3D Nano Shell 20D polyester with DWR coating repels water at its durable exterior and condensation on the inside
- Almost-magical Ultra-Dry Down 850+ goose down repels moisture, retains loft, dries quickly, and fights microbial growth for dry, fresh comfort
- Differential-cut mummy with 3D sidewalls, offset baffles, side-block baffle, and tapered footbox gives wiggle room with lean-fit warmth
- Regular length comfortably accommodates a person six feet tall; long length extends to fit someone six-foot-eight
- Cushioned internal hood drawcord with dual adjustment hugs your head with downy warmth
- Zip draft tube with anti-snag seals out the cold for optimal cozy comfort
- Neck draft tube with dual elastic adjustment add to the weather-denying barrier
- Two-way side zip provides convenient open-close and venting
- Weighs a mere 2lb 13oz (regular) or 3lb 3oz (long) for ultimate portability
- Compresses in bag from 15 liters to 5 liters; you’ll be tempted to take it everywhere you go
- Medium internal zippered pocket secures essentials at your side
- Includes lightweight Ultra-Sil compression bag, mesh storage cell, and laundry bag for easy maintenance and convenience
- Item #STS0168
- Q & A
STS Alpine Series
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Far and away the best bag I've owned. I have taken it down to -5F and been comfortable. It vents moisture extremely well thanks to it's innovative design. Sea to Summit is new to bags but you wouldn't know it from this. My go-to sleeping bag.