- PU-coated ripstop nylon material resists abrasion from the boat
- Removable Hypalon dry bag inside of the main bag stores your valuables and tech items
- Reusable hook-and-loop closure strips to attach the bag to the boat deck
- Adjustable, clip-release straps offer another means to attach the bag to the deck
- Stiff insert helps the bag maintain shape and resist flopping around when the kayak rocks
- Watertight zip at the front offers easy access to the main compartment
- Top bungee is ideal for your waterproof map
Share your thoughts
Decent deck bag
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I've used this deck bag in high-wind situations, where a more bulky design would have caught and created more weather-cocking. The bag was big enough for a small 1st aid kit, beach blanket and my point & shoot camera. There was room for just a little more...
The straps on the outside were needed to stabilize the bag, in addition to the velcro underneath. However, I also was able to rig it so that I could secure my bilge pump with those straps.
The main pack isn't meant to be waterproof, even though it does advertise the zipper as being waterproof. The internal stuff-sack is both removable and waterproof.
Zipper construction defective.
Just received this bag. Although the zipper is a waterproof zipper and advertised as watertight, the bag is constructed so that there's a 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch gap at the end of the zipper when zipped shut--allowing the bag to leak. When I called Sea to Summit, the customer service rep found the same problem on a bag she examined. The bag seems great in all other regards, but due to this defect I'm returning it.