Select your style & size:Select options
- PU-coated ripstop nylon material resists abrasion from the boat
- Removable Hypalon dry bag inside of the main bag stores your valuables and tech items
- Reusable hook-and-loop closure strips to attach the bag to the boat deck
- Adjustable, clip-release straps offer another means to attach the bag to the deck
- Stiff insert helps the bag maintain shape and resist flopping around when the kayak rocks
- Watertight zip at the front offers easy access to the main compartment
- Top bungee is ideal for your waterproof map
- Item #STS0145
- Q & A
Seems to be well thought out
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I haven't had a chance to take this out on the water yet but I like what I've seen so far. First of all I like the rigid structure of the out bag, that should allow for much easier access to its contents. Also, I like the dry bag that's included. I have several Sea to Summit products and they haven't steered me wrong so far!
Decent deck bag
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I've used this deck bag in high-wind situations, where a more bulky design would have caught and created more weather-cocking. The bag was big enough for a small 1st aid kit, beach blanket and my point & shoot camera. There was room for just a little more...
The straps on the outside were needed to stabilize the bag, in addition to the velcro underneath. However, I also was able to rig it so that I could secure my bilge pump with those straps.
The main exterior pack isn't meant to be waterproof, even though it does advertise the zipper as being waterproof. The internal stuff-sack is both removable and waterproof, plus a nice blaze-orange color.
Zipper construction defective.
Just received this bag. Although the zipper is a waterproof zipper and advertised as watertight, the bag is constructed so that there's a 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch gap at the end of the zipper when zipped shut--allowing the bag to leak. When I called Sea to Summit, the customer service rep found the same problem on a bag she examined. The bag seems great in all other regards, but due to this defect I'm returning it.
What is the size of this bag?
Sea to Summit's website (http://www.seatosummit.com/products/display/144) says:
14.5 inches long and 7 inches wide at the widest point.