Stock it full so you always have the right fly handy.
- Medium sized case for easy transport in your pocket, chest, or backpack
- Waterproof case has a single-hand-closing, see-through lid for your convenience
- Precision slit foam holds up to 752 flies securely
- Foam on outside shell and insert for more fly storage
- Design allows it to accommodate a wide variety of fly sizes (sizes 10-20) for trout and general fishing
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Owning more expensive fly boxes I have found the SA boxes are a good blend of functionality and moderate pricing. Although there are a few more expensive fly boxes that might work a tad bit better than the SA series of fly boxes, the much greater cost of the more expensive boxes doesn't justify to me just a bit more functionality and design.
Since I dedicate many of my fly boxes to the entire life cycle of each of the major hatches I fish, it's nice to have boxes with 752 slots so that I can have the entire cycle of a given insect in one box. Also, when the compartments are closed, the flies are not mashed or affected by the closure. I do use only every other slot for my dry flies (but every slot for nymphs) to ensure wing and other fly dressing integrity. Stonefly nymphs and adult patterns are excluded from my previous comment.
One caveat that needs to be mentioned abut SA fly boxes. For some fishers (such as myself) opening the boxes may take a little getting used to because of the boxes' design. However, after opening an SA box once or twice this should be enough to get used to opening them.
box me in
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This box can hold a ton of fly great as dry/nymph or combo box for flys from 22-10. The extra storage on the case doors is nice compared to some of there other boxes. I can also attest to it's floatbility.