A beginner fly fishing kit that gets you going in no time.
The Scientific Anglers Fly Fishing Outfits 4-Piece Fly Rod offers you the ideal learning kit to dive into the fly fishing world. Whether you're looking to fish for trout, panfish, bass, or saltwater, this kit includes a graphite rod, a quality disc drag reel that's already loaded with backing, fly line, and leader, and a selection of specific flies to get you going. Plus an included 2-in-1 instructional DVD.
- Lightweight 4-piece graphite rod offers smooth and easy casting
- Trout and Panfish starter kits feature a 5/6 weight rod that works well for catching trout and panfish in rivers, creeks, or high-mountain lakes
- Bass and Saltwater starter kits feature a 7/8 weight rod that works well while you cast out into lakes, off of jetties, or off of small boats
- All kits come with a quality pre-loaded disc drag reel, the Scientific Anglers Concept 2 Fly Reel, are loaded with backing, fly line and leader, and are ready to use out of the box
- Trout and Panfish starter kits consist of WF-6 floating line, while Bass and Saltwater starter kits feature a WF-8 floating line that's easy to cast and offers excellent floatation
- Trout kit includes a fly box with the specific flies to catch trout, while Panfish kit includes a fly box with the specific flies to catch panfish
- Saltwater kit includes a fly box with the right flies to catch redfish, bonefish, and other light saltwater goodies
- Bass kit includes a fly box with the right flies to catch bass
- All kits include a 2-in-1 instructional DVD: 'Fly Fishing Made Easy' and 'Panfish & Bass with Larry Dahlberg' for helpful instructions
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Great kit to get you into fly fishing. Rod and Reel are great, will upgrade to a better reel in the near future though. Great instructional dvd and a few flies to get you started, overall an amazing deal.
For the price, good way to get started
I grabbed this kit for my brother in law and spent some time casting it to get him started. The rod is actually quite nice and is the keeper item from this starter kit. As he progresses, I assume the reel will be replaced pretty quickly as the reel included here is not great. For catching trout on the Provo here in Utah, that's not a huge deal. Order a few flies to complement what comes in the kit (not much) and maybe a few extra leaders - and you'll be on a fish soon!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I bought this as a backup rod for my wife. Its not the best rod and reel but its a dang good value for a beginner. Comes with everything you need to get started and a instructional video to steer you in the right direction.