Select your style & size:Select options
- Small size for easy fit in shirt pocket and ideal for backpacking
- Precision slit foam holds up to 216 flies securely
- Design allows the Compact 216 to accommodate a wide variety of fly sizes (sizes 10-20) for trout and general fishing
- Item #SAS0025
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
this was my first fly box, so i have zero frame of reference on what makes one box better than another. but it seems to be doing its (very simple) task, so no complaints here
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Positives are it's see-thru and floats, however, the plastic locking piece seems a little flimsy. All said, good case for the money
Solid Fly Box
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
This thing can hold so many flies! Bought it for my mom who is just getting into fly fishing (finally), and it looks like it should work great for her. Fits well in her vest's chest pocket. Seems like a great quality box as well, really sturdy.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I have several of these and continue to like them. Like the see thru case, the box floats, foam is good (pre-cut slits for flies) and the lid stays shut. For the price, not a better box IMO (and regardless of price, I'd still buy it).
Pocket size fly box
This box is the perfect size for a shirt pocket if you're the type that doesn't want to carry all your gear out on the river. Its easy to open and close and slits for inserting flies is much more convenient than sticking the hooks into a foam wall as you get with other boxes.