Speed is of the essence.
- Gore-Tex insert guarantees waterproof protection and breathability
- Innovative tongue closure contributes to low-bulk, sensitive fit
- Semi-automatic crampon-compatible
- Tri-density PU midsole provides targeted cushioning for typical pressure points
- Vibram Mulaz sole combines with intuitively angled lugs for grip and traction in a variety of conditions
Share your thoughts
Scarpa Maverick GTX Mountaineering Boot
Does it tend to be narrow or wide in the...
Does it tend to be narrow or wide in the toe box?
Depends on your definition of wide and narrow.
Scarpa is generally wider than La Sportiva shoes in my experience. In my opinion the toe box of these are fairly roomy for mountaineering boots.
Is this boot insulated at all? Is it warm...
Is this boot insulated at all? Is it warm in snow?
Not insulated, but with GTX membrane. I believe it is recommended to 20F.
Do these have a full or 3/4 shank? How...
Do these have a full or 3/4 shank? How stiff are they compared to the La Sportiva Trango Evo or Nepals?
I believe it is a 3/4 poly.
I'd slot this right in between the Nepal and the Trango. A little more boot than the Trango, but not as stout as the Nepal.