Arrive sure, steady, and rock-ready.
Get there with featherweight tenacity and strength. If you don't have it, don't fret: the Scarpa Women's Gecko Guide Shoe does. Grippy Vibram sole clings to terrain, suede upper is light and swift, and supportive rubber rand will pick up the slack, that is until you start the climb. Then it's all you.
- Suede upper provides the inimitable feel of leather
- Vellutina lining provides dry, cool comfort
- Shock-absorbing PU and microporous EVA midsole cushions and supports foot
- Rubber toe and slingshot heel rands protect, support, and secure toes and heel
- Women-specific fit features a narrow heel, lower calf, and higher instep, for exceptional comfort and efficiency
- 25% recycled Vibram Vertical Approach sole with sticky rubber provides durable traction for long-lasting sure-footing
- Weighs a mere 1lb 9oz (size 39, pair)
Share your thoughts
Scarpa Gecko Guide Shoe - Women's
I LOVED the scarpa nitro . It was so sturdy & supportive . This shoe feels flimsy compared to the nitro & just doesn't fit me at all ... the arch rubs . Wearing them indoors is nothing like outdoor terrain so I can't return them - hopefully I can give them to someone who they'll fit .
Great Approach Shoe
These are really great approach shoes: super sticky rubber, good fit, and great support. I had previously tried the tennie guides, but am much happier with the fit of these shoes. I bought the 39 and usually wear a 7.5 or 8 in street shoes.
Confidently gobble scree
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Awesome shoe. The Gecko Guide has a slightly tapered toe, but is equally as accommodating for wider feet. I also tried on the Scarpa Crux, but went with the Gecko as it seemed equally as comfortable, has a slightly sturdier, more aggressive sole, and isn't made in China. The Geckos run true size and a bit on the wide side. I bought a 38 and typically wear a 7/7.5 (maybe that's indicative of the 'to the toe lacing' system?) Regardless I didn't need to size up a half size to get a comfy width. They're a great all-purpose approach shoe- the Geckos hike well and confidently attack scree slopes and scrambles. Laces frayed quickly, but the shoe and rubber is bomber!