The Scarpa Women's Freedom SL Alpine Touring Boot is Queen of the Mountain in the Scarpa freeride line. It's the burliest, with a 120 flex index, but almost a pound lighter than the standard Freedom. The SL also uses a lighter Intuition liner and more aggressive sole. Compared to Scarpa's touring boots, the Freedom SL is more versatile (added alpine capability) and it's stiffer and more powerful, but it does weigh more than the cream-of-the-crop AT. It has a Ride Power Block that delivers frictionless motion for efficient climbing and locks in back support for superpower transmission on the downhill. For the woman who needs a boot that can charge off the lift in alpine bindings or slip efficiently into the backcountry with tech (TLT) bindings, the Freedom SL has few equals. And then there's the fit.
The interchangeable Vibram sole gives you lugged tenacity when hiking over scree or down-climbing into a rocky chute—the boot comes with the Rockered Mountain Plus sole for AT and tech bindings, but the Mountain Piste sole is available separately for those who rip on alpine bindings too. You'll feel the advantage in an instant and respond with a peaceful mind. After all, you don't want to charge down a finger chute with already-frayed nerves. This is Freedom.
- A Goldilocks-style balance between weight and performance
- Stiff 120 flex provides power for gals who charge hard
- 101mm last accommodates medium to medium-wide feet
- Generous walk mode with a 27 degree range of motion
- Thermo-moldable Intuition liner for ultimate comfort
- Four lightweight alloy buckles with a power strap
- Compatible with tech and alpine touring bindings
- Item #SCR003G