Tough protection in a lightweight package.
Take flight on the trails in the updated Saucony Women's ProGrid Peregrine 3 Trail Running Shoe. This barely-there runner weighs less than nine ounces, but packs plenty of support and protection for the roughest terrain. Minimalist uppers cut bulk and weight to save you energy on each stride; Saucony redesigned them to keep the weight low while offering greater protection from trail hazards.
Saucony offers several other neutral trail runners, but the two that most closely compare to the Peregrine are the Xodus 3.0 and Kinavara TR. Both of these shoes offer the same 4mm offset (heel-toe-drop) and aggressive trail design, but the more-flexible Kinavara is a few ounces lighter than the Peregrine while the burlier Xodus a few ounces heavier. Focus on the Peregrine 3 if you want a shoe that feels light when you're climbing, smooth when you're descending, and nimble when the trail throws anything else your way.
- Updated upper features lightweight FlexFilm, which offers support along with a sleek, seamless feel
- Reinforced TPU heel counter adds lateral stability and gives you a secure fit
- Gusseted tongue keeps out trail debris
- Hydramax collar lining wicks moisture and is soft on your skin
- Premium insole cradles your foot and its antimicrobial powers keep this shoe fresh
- HRC+ Strobel Board uses an extra 3mm of EVA to give you a smooth, buttery ride
- Heel ProGrid offers extra cushioning and excellent response
- SSL EVA blend maximizes rebound and durability
- 4mm heel-to-toe drop gives you a close-to-the-ground feel and encourages a natural stride
- External Bedrock outsole and molded toe cap protect your foot from sharp rocks and roots
- XT-900 high-traction rubber and multi-directional tread pattern helps you stick each step over slick or sandy trails
- Gaiter-compatible to keep you covered on days when the weather is kicking your butt
Share your thoughts
Saucony ProGrid Peregrine 3
Changes? These seem smaller than the...
Changes? These seem smaller than the Peregrine 2. What do others think?
This website leads to the updates of the Saucony Pergerine 3 based off of previous models. Right off the top, the weight of this shoe has not changed, remaining at 8.7oz. I hope this helps.
Great trail running shoe
Like these so far. They provide good traction and not too heavy. Like that they are only 4mm drop.
Lightweight trail shoe
Great lightweight trail shoe, and has a wider toe box to accommodate more width. I do wish it was a little stiffer and burlier to hold up against some of the Utah trails....I've already had these things a month and it feels like they're wearing out pretty quick.