- Detail Images
When your legs outgrow the easy, close-to-town trails, it's time to move out and up with the Outlaw.
- With the Bedrock, high-traction rubber and XT-900 carbon rubber outsole arranged in an aggressive tread pattern, you can brake and accelerate on slick rocks and mud
- With the HRC Strobel Board, EVA midsole, and heel ProGrid Lite technology, you get the cushioning, impact protection, and rebound that you need for long trails
- Protective rubber caps over the heel and toe prevent injuries from clumsy stubs after the sixth rough mile
- The mid- to high-top design provides ankle support for lots of rock hopping and uneven trail traversing
- Compatible with ankle gaiters (sold separately) for increasing the shoe's waterproofiness
Share your thoughts
Minimalist platform, not minimalist shoe
If you're looking for a winter shoe that runs like a minimalist shoe, this is not for you. It's a good looking shoe, but the sole and ankle material are just too much. They market this as being on the Perigrine minimalist platform, but I found there was just way too much shoe for me, as most of my trail runs have a few miles of pavement approach. This would however be an excellent shoe for rough/wet trail only adventures! Cheers!
Have had my pair for a couple months and they have made a big difference in my enthusiasm for trail running. Very comfortable, great traction, and although I don't know they I gain much from them being mid-high, I have noticed that in 20+ runs I have not once gotten even a single pebble in a shoe. Happy for this because that is normally an immediate sow stopper for me. Also my feet have stayed completely dry even in light rain and running through occasional mud and small puddles. Very happy with these shoes. Only concern is whether they will be too warm in summer.
The best I've had yet
Got a wicked sweet deal on S&C, which makes these all the more awesome.
Sizing is accurate, they are comfy, and I love the unorthodox ankle support.
Even my hardcorest running buds were amazed with these.
Saucony ProGrid Outlaw Trail Running Sho
Epic shoes!! These are by far my favorite trail running shoes. I got them in the neon green and my running buddies make fun of my "happy feet" because they dont exactly have a traditional look to them. BUT, they have the best fit ive had in any shoe. the grip is phenomenal, and gives you confidence on those leaf covered steeps, and those late night trail runs. The ankle support also enhances this confidence but has no effect on range of motion its just perfect. I also am using these as hiking shoes for light weight mountain accents and would be perfect for treks like the (AT) Application trail and pacific crest?.
just blew threw them at aproximatly 500 miles. still workig but with some holes in the fabric at the toes, I just bought another pair to replace them..
good trail running shoe
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
well made, mid-top adds to stability, knobby
tread good in mud, ugly but good runner
Great Winter Shoe
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I run outside all year long in Wisconsin. Did first winter trail run this past Saturday - forgot my gaiters - and these shoes were great through the snow. Kept my feet warm and dry. Two hour run and, so far, no hotspots or issues - only my second run in them. I wish they were lighter. I really like the mid height. I got them half price - a great deal.