- Detail Images
Minimalist design for the dedicated road runner.
Saucony's Women's ProGrid Kinvara 3 Running Shoe embraces the idea of minimalist design without shorting you on cushioning or comfort. At just 7.7 ounces this shoe feels feathery light underfoot so you have less shoe to contend with, and everything from the uppers to the outsole were designed with enough flexibility to encourage your foot to move with utter freedom. Seamless uppers feel buttery smooth against your foot whether you decide to go barefoot (as some do) or rock a thin pair of synthetic socks. A mere four millimeters of heel-forefoot offset (drop) allows you to more easily adopt a midfoot or forefoot striking style, but that little bit of drop also allows you to revert to a heel strike if you need to relax a little late in your run.
Saucony has a range of minimalist-style road shoes under ten ounces, including the Mirage 3 and the Virrata. Compared to the Kinavara 3, the Mirage 3 offers more midsole support and a HRC Strobel board to improve cushioning while the Virrata features a zero drop offset and ultralight build (just 6.5 ounces). A healthy balance between these two options, the Kinavara is for the 5k runner looking for a reduced-drop shoe or the marathoner who wants to go light without sacrificing cushioning or flex.
- Minimalist Flex Film upper uses welding to reduce seams and overall weight and helps secure your foot in place
- Internal Bootie Construction makes for a buttery smooth internal fit that reduces friction and drastically improves comfort
- Memory foam heel pads comfortably cradle your heel and keep it in place
- HydraMAX collar lining provides light cushioning around your ankle for comfort and protection
- ProGrid and High Abrasion EVA provide absorb impact and smooth out the ride on the road without adding unnecessary weight
- Low, 4mm drop (heel-forefoot offset) means that there's just a 4mm difference between the measured height of your heel and the measured height of your forefoot
- This low drop creates a natural foot position inside the shoe, encourages proper biomechanical flex, and allows you to more easily utilize a mid or forefoot striking style
- XT-900 rubber is flexible, highly abrasion-resistant, and it features triangular lugs that offer supreme grip and traction on the road
Share your thoughts
Go to running shoe
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
After purchasing the Kinvara 3 a few years ago I have not used anything else. They are lightweight yet supportive. I have 3 pairs of them and they hold up well. I ran a couple half marathons in these with no pain whatsoever, plus I love how they look!