Nothing funny about this ridiculously light shoe.
Saucony managed to find a way to shave nearly an ounce off of the new Men's PowerGrid Cortana 2 Running Shoe, taking it from astonishingly light to downright ludicrous. But while the upgraded mesh and the more streamlined upper may be new, the award-winning response and low-profile, low-drop comfort remain the same.
- Sauc-Fit system in the upper locks your midfoot onto the platform and holds your heel in place, delivering glove-like fit
- Engineered mesh upper and wicking HydraMAX collar lining keep your foot cool and comfortable
- Comfortstride+ sockliner is breathable, antimicrobial, and comfortable
- HRC strobel board features an additional 1.5mm of EVA to enhance step-in comfort
- Minimalist 4mm heel-to-forefoot drop gives you a close-to-the-road feel
- PowerGrid midsole features Power Foam for superior cushioning and responsiveness; midsole includes cushioned impact zones for shock absorption and a medial post for stability
- Outsole features lightweight, flexible blown rubber for cushioning and reduced weight and XT-900 carbon rubber outsole material for traction and exceptional durability
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
I usually don't review things, but I always look at reviews before I buy something. So here we go. For me and my style of running these are hands down the best training shoes I have found! They are light weight, neutral, and they don't force my stride to deviate from what feels good. I have tried out so many different kinds of shoes, and all of them are $100 plus a pair, and none are as comfortable, durable, and reliable as these have been for me. I wore out the Cortana 1 (about 800 miles) and so far I have about 100 miles on these and they are so nice!