Wait, I'm wearing shoes?
- Super-light mesh and a supportive exoskeleton in the upper balance ventilation and support
- Wide toe boxes and flex grooves directly behind the metatarsals let your toes flex for a natural push off
- Zero heel-to-forefoot drop creates virtually flat footbeds for barefoot-like feel and no pronation correction
- 10mm of padding underfoot offers some protection against rough surfaces
- XT-900 impact pads on the heels and toe-off points protect your feet from rough terrain and increase the life of these shoes
Share your thoughts
No support but great protection!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
These shoes will help you run the way god intended while providing the protection you need from shredding the pads of your feet. The mesh upper stretches really well to fit your foot like a sock and the soft padding underfoot provides enough protection so that you wont feel it if you step right on a thorn or small stone. Now, I really do not suggest these to somebody who is not already used to minimalist running or a shoe with very little support and at least a 4-6mm drop. These have no drop and no support, if you jump straight into these you will likely injure yourself.
I had these in the older Velcro model and I think the lace-up is a great idea for making the fit a little more customizable and just to get your foot in. That was my biggest complaint with the old model.